In a unique partnership,has partnered with the Ontario Mini Stocks facebook to put together a top-10 ranking of the best asphalt Mini Stock drivers across the province.
STM’s owner Ashley McCubbin and Rich Schwartzenburg from OMS FB put together a expert panel consisting of five members that will work together to rank the top-10 drivers on a bi-weekly basis throughout the season. The diversity of the panel from drivers to car builders to sponsors to car owners and media brings a variety of insights and opinions to the table.
The list is meant to shed light on the division, create talking points, inspire reaction and have fun. So please make sure to react, comment, like and share.
With the first Mini Stock champion of the 2019 season crowned – congratulations Nolan Gould at Peterborough Speedway, and the playoffs looming, it seems drivers are continuing to step up their game so they can perhaps be part of the conversation for the win during the season-ending events.
So, did the panel get it right this week?
Previous Mentions: Ranked fifth week nine, fourth week eight, eighth week six, second week three, third week 2, first week 1
Karl Sault is on fire right now at Flamboro Speedway, as he has won the last three events straight, with no finishes worse than second in the past five features. He currently leads the standings, 42 points ahead of Dalla Riva and Rich Schwartzenburg.
2. Samantha Shaw
Previous Mentions: Ranked third week nine, third week eight, second week seven, first week six, eighth week two, fifth pre-season
Coming into the season, Samantha Shaw was one of the most talked about drivers at Sunset Speedway. She is backing up that conversation, as she won on August 31, before scoring a third-place finish this past Saturday. It’s worth nothing that this season in 11 features, she has yet to score a finish worse than third.
3. Eric Yorke
Previous Mentions: Ranked second week nine, sixth week six, Drivers to Watch List
Running a limited schedule, Eric Yorke is making the most out of it. He won both of his heats at Sunset Speedway on September 7, and then held off a hard-charging Tyler Seaboyer to score the victory. It marked his third trip to victory lane this season at the Innisfil, Ontario oval in four appearances this season.
4. Nolan Gould
As noted in the opening, he is your 2019 Peterborough Speedway Mini Stock Champion following a hard-fought season against the likes of Ryan Oosterholt, Jeremy Kelly, and Ember Junkin. He capped off his points run with a fourth-place finish on August 31.
5. Issac Dippel
Previous Mentions: Ranked eighth week nine, fifth week eight, third week seven, ninth week five, third week three, seventh week 2, eighth Week 1
Issac Dippel is make a good mid-season charge at Full Throttle Motor Speedway, as he finished second in the first feature, followed by a fourth in the second 20-lapper on August 31. He then backed it up with a victory and a third on September 7. In 24 features this season, he has only posted two finishes outside of the top-five.
6. Dylan Sharpe
Previous Mentions: Ranked seventh week nine, sixth week seven, seventh week four, seventh week 3, Drivers to Watch List
Dylan Sharpe kept the consistency rolling at Flamboro Speedway, finishing second in both features on August 31. He then ran strong on Memorial Night a week later, scoring another runner-up finish.
7. Ryan Oosterholt
Ryan Oosterholt has been impressive this season at Peterborough Speedway, and was able to cap off the campaign with a runner-up on August 31.
8. Brian Wilson
Previous Mentions: Ranked ninth week eight, second week six, first week three, first Week 2, third Week 1, eighth pre-season
Brian Wilson started off this stretch well, winning on August 31 in the first feature, followed by a fourth in the second 20-lap affair. He then backed it up with finishes of third and second a week later, for a total of 25 top-five’s this season.
9. Erik Dalla Riva
Erik Dalla Riva is still fast behind the wheel of the No. 30 Mustang, finishing third in both features on August 31. He then ran strong on memorial night, placing third despite being involved in the first lap wreck and a mid-race pit stop for the throttle sticking. In 19 features this season at the Hamilton, Ontario based oval this season, he has scored 17 top-five’s with no finishes worse than seventh.
10. Ryan DiBello
Previous Mentions: None
If Ryan DiBello remains involved in mini stocks heading into 2020, he will be someone to watch. Making his first start of the 2019 campaign at Peterborough Speedway’s finale, he scored the victory. He then made the trek to Sunset Speedway on September 7, battling door-to-door with the track’s weekly front runners for a fourth-place finish.
Drivers Previously Mentioned Listed Alphabetically:
- Andrea Parsons – Ranked fourth week one
- Andy Kamrath – Ranked fifth week one; ranked first pre-season
- Chandler Bos – Ranked ninth week six
- Cory Young – Ranked third week six, fourth week five, eighth week three, sixth on week one
- Craig Kamrath – Ranked seventh pre-season
- Dalton Irish – Ranked second week eight
- Doug Butler – Ranked first week seven, sixth week three, 10th pre-season
- Dylan Holmes – Ranked ninth week seven, seventh week five, sixth week four, fourth week 2, Drivers To Watch List
- Ember Junkin – Ranked sixth week two
- Jake Watson – Ranked seventh week six, 10th week five, fourth week four, second Week 2, second Week 1, Drivers to Watch List
- Jason Tolton – Ranked ninth week nine
- Jeremy Kelly – Ranked 10th week eight, eighth week seven, third week five, 10th week four
- Kent Missions – Ranked 10th week six.
- Kevin Bridge – Ranked sixth pre-season
- Kyle Istead – Ranked ninth week one
- Mark Klotz – Ranked eighth week five
- Mike Robinson Jr – Ranked eighth week four
- Neil Hannah – Ranked 10th week nine, fifth week five
- Paul Boyd – Ranked sixth week five,
- Scott Mast – Ranked 10th week three, fifth week 2, Drivers to Watch List
- Shawn Taylor – Ranked seventh week seven, ninth week three, seventh week 1, second pre-season
- Tyler Seaboyer – Ranked sixth week nine, second week four, Drivers to Watch List
- Warren Paxton – Ranked seventh week eight, fourth week seven
- Will Gibbons – Ranked fifth week six, first week 5, ninth week 4, fifth week 3, 10th week 1